Thinking of falling pregnant? Think acupuncture
There has been a surge of women coming in for acupuncture to assist in preparation for pregnancy. I am based in Finchley, North London, and find ladies come to me locally but also from South of the River through recommendation.
Some ladies need no planning and fall pregnant straight away. For others this may not be the case. Each lady is different and what they need varies.
If you have painful, irregular periods, endometriosis, PCOS, probability is that Acupuncture can help. Research studies suggest acupuncture may help in various areas relating to fertility and conception.
Research has been conducted into its use in the following areas:
- Regulating the menstrual cycle
- Reducing stress by decreasing the activity of the sympathetic nervous system. High stress levels are associated with reduced chances of conceiving
- Improving blood circulation to the pelvic organs, including the ovaries and uterus, allowing the reproductive organs to work to their full potential
- Increasing blood circulation to the uterus ensures optimal endometrial thickness
- Helping to trigger ovulation in some women with ovulatory dysfunction
- Helping women with PCOS, endemetriosis, dysmenorrhea, pelvic inflammation
- Improving sperm count, motility and structural abnormalities
Women who are trying to get pregnant naturally feel anxious and emotional. Acupuncture considers the person and their needs. As a result women feel cared for and listened to. They will often develop a strong rapport with their acupuncturists and experience a greater sense of wellbeing as a result.
I look at every aspect, from diet, wellbeing, exercise regime, state of mind to help in a holistic natural way towards pregnancy.
If you would like to find out more you can call me on 0800 093 7615.